Behind the cut is a hypothetical question about whether or not you would be willing to meet a LiveJournal friend in real life, and what factors might enter into your decision to do so.
Hypothetical - Assume the following facts:
1. Someone who has been your friend on LiveJournal is visiting your city and would like to meet you in real life.
2. Assume you have been friends for over a year, but have never met in person or even talked on the phone or online.
3. Assume that you like what you know about the person and do not get any creepy vibes about him or her.
4. Assume that, if you have a partner, you have asked your partner if it's okay for you to meet the person, and your partner says that he/she doesn't care and is cool with whatever you decide.
5. While your decision may depend on other factors, try and answer the hypothetical as best as you can based on this information. (Perhaps you may wish to think of an LJ friend you have who meets this description and then answer with that person in mind.)
In the hypothetical above, how likely are you to meet the LJ friend?
I'm certain that I would
I'm almost certain that I would
I probably would
I'm not sure whether I would or not
I probably wouldn't
I'm almost certain that I wouldn't
I'm certain that I wouldn't
Something else (what?)
Select as many of the following as might enter into your decision.
If the person was close in age to me, I am more likely to meet
If the person was the same sex as me, I am more likely to meet
If I had seen the person's picture, I am more likely to meet
If I had never seen the person's picture, I am less likely to meet
If I liked the person's sense of humour I am more likely to meet
If our political outlook was similar I am more likely to meet
Our meeting would have to be in a safe public place
I am less likely to meet someone of the opposite sex
I am more likely to meet someone whose sexual orientation is the same as mine
I am less likely to meet someone of a different sexual orientation than mine
The person's race would play no part in my decision
I like to meet new people and like to expand my circle of friends
I have a sense of adventure when it comes to meeting new people
My impression of whether or not the person was attractive would play a part in my decision whether or not to meet
I wouldn't meet a stranger from the internet under any circumstances